Today we continue a historic landmark. We continue the
great transition of 2017 as we welcome the 45th President of the
United States of America. The last few years of campaigning have been some of
the most crucial and intense years I have seen in my lifetime. Hatred was said,
voices were raised, and class was broken – by both parties.
With every election, there comes many reservations
that people have against the President and this election was no different.
However, there are several instances in which have been completely different
this time.
It is evident that there are people who love our new
President and there are who dislike him very much. Every President who assumes
the Office has those who are with him and those who are against him. However,
as the people of America, we must realize that Donald Trump is now our
President – our President whether you want to say it or not. He is now
the leader of the free world, which we belong to. This brings me to a point
which a family friend said to me back when President Obama first assumed the
Presidency in 2008. He told me, “…like it or not, he is our President now and
it is time to respect him.” I did not agree with a lot that President Obama
believed, but as a President I respected him – it is not an easy job to
fulfill. I know now that not everyone respects our President, but we must also
realize that people make mistakes and for that people must seek forgiveness,
even the President. It is our job as Christians to forgive and to help our
President do the job in which he was elected to do.
Just as I am a Republican does not automatically mean
that I will agree with everything he (Trump) does – and not all his policies I
will agree with, but just as with President Obama, I will respect the office.
All this said, I challenge each of you to help make
America great. It is fact that we will not agree with everything President
Trump does, but our job as Americans is to voice our concerns to the President –
peacefully and without hatred – violence is never the answer in a democracy.
After all, the President does work for the people.
This day, we must unite as Americans and ensure that
President Trump hears the people of whom he works for – and peacefully perform
our duties as citizens of these great United States.
God Bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment